1. Has been baptized with the Holy Ghost with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues, and remains Spirit filled. Has an established prayer life and Bible study habits, and has a heart for God and youth
2. Must meet Biblical qualifications for church leadership (I Timothy 3 and Titus 1) and support the Doctrines of the Church of God as outlined in the Statement of Faith, as well as the Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and the Polices and Procedures Manual of the Sunset Avenue Church of God. (Information about the Church of God denomination is available at www.churchofgod.org. Information about Sunset Avenue is available at www.sunsetavenue.org)
3. Should have a Degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent experience. 3-5 years experience in a setting of at least 50 students and overall church size of at least 500 is preferable, with or without a degree.
4. Loyal, faithful, available, teachable, persevering, loves students, positive outlook
5. People person, works well in a team setting and is a team builder, ability to lead youth staff meetings, visionary, energetic in guiding students to a deeper faith in Jesus Christ
6. Organizational- maintains organization in planning, budgeting, time, and resources
7. Must be able communicate effectively and compassionately both orally and in writing with students, parents, staff, and other adults
8. Experience with, but not limited to, all Microsoft Office applications as well as presentation hardware and software. The ability to produce quality graphics and media presentations is essential. Experience with Mac applications and current audio-visual technology is preferred.
9. Must have a clean criminal and driving record (excluding minor traffic violations) and be prepared to authorize release of information for background and criminal records checks prior to being hired. Use of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or any acts or practices of moral turpitude are inconsistent with SACOG’s Statement of Faith, By-laws, and Policies and Procedures Manual and would therefore be grounds for rejection of any candidate or termination of any employee
The Youth Pastor is responsible for all ministries involving middle school (grades 6 - 8), and senior high (grades 9 – 12) students. This includes Sunday School, Family Training hour, weekly activities, retreats, outreach, discipleship, and special programs. The Youth Pastor will also have general oversight of the young adults (ages 18-22) program. As a member of the pastoral staff, the Youth Pastor will report directly to the Ministry Director or other designated administrator. As a member of the pastoral staff he will also contribute to the establishment of strategy, philosophy, and direction of the church. Additionally, the Youth Pastor will establish and maintain Policies and Procedures concerning the operation of the youth ministry to include appropriately communicating direction and the mentoring of volunteer Youth Leaders as needed.
A detailed listing of specific responsibilities will be provided upon request.
Pastoral and Administrative Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral duties as needed and/or requested
2. Regularly attend all staff meetings as required. Report on ministry activities
3. Manage all administrative functions for youth ministry including long-range planning and budgeting functions
4. Submit pastoral and financial reports and records in a timely manner
5. Remain professionally current in one’s area of leadership and ministry. This includes reading, studying, consulting, training, seminars and conferences. Pastoral and personal growth will be a priority, retreating occasionally for spiritual renewal and refreshment, reading and planning, Bible study, prayer and fasting
6. Oversee the scheduling and functions of the technology ministry
Salary and other compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A detailed
compensation package will be furnished for consideration at the time of final interview.
This will be a full-time position with a flexible work week, often in excess of 40 hours.
Our desire is to fill this position as soon as possible and we will continue to reviewing candidates until the right person is identified. Interested and qualified individuals should submit their resume, family photo and salary history by July 7, 2008.
Sunset Avenue Church of God
Attn: Michael Stoltzfus, Ministry Director
900 Sunset Avenue, PO Box 938
Asheboro, NC 27204
The position described was prepared to represent the general requirements of the position and may be subject to change based on the needs of the Church. SACOG’s Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and Policies and Procedures Manual govern all terms and conditions of employment.