Grace Pointe Church of God is seeking someone to fill the dual role of youth/worship pastor. We are a growing church in the north Mississippi area. We are 30 minutes from Tupelo and one hour from Memphis. We are needing a person with a heart for both areas to help lead our music and youth forward. This position has some pay and housing, but extra income will be needed for now.
The youth pastor's duties may be modified at any time to meet the needs of our growing church.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Must be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
• Must be a member of the Church of God (Cleveland, TN)
• Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim.3.
• Must have a strong desire to serve God in the position.
• Experience preferred in an established successful youth program.
• Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with young people.
• Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
• Must be able to teach, train, and disciple youth workers.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the Bible, essential to the teaching and training of young people.
• Must subscribe to the Declaration of Faith of the Church of God, as well maintaining a life in agreement to the Practical Commitments of the Church.
• Must be in good physical and mental health.
• Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
• Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
• Must be flexible, and easy to get along with.
• Proficient singing.
• Proficient to teach worship team/choir vocal parts.
• Proficient in playing keyboard (training in other instruments a plus).
• Lead worship with a full genre of music.
• Lead worship for Sunday worship services.
• Lead worship for Wednesday night service that includes all age groups.
• Schedule and lead weekly practices with a full, well-trained worship team and band.
• Provide worship nights throughout the year.
• Have a creative mind and integrate new methods of worship.
• Know how to use:
o Sound equipment
o Planning center
• Have the ability to cast vision for the worship ministry of the church that lines up with the church’s vision and mission.
• Perform daily office duties.
• Good character
• People skills
• Personal drive
• Hold credentials with the Church of God (preferred, not required)
• Two to four years of worship ministry experience
If interested, please contact email@example.com.