YOUTH MINISTRY PASTOR
OVERVIEW: The Youth Ministry Pastor will work to foster the spiritual growth and provide discipleship opportunities for students in grades six through twelve. As a visionary leader, this position will endeavor to grow youth ministries within the framework of Spring Valley Church vision & values by providing oversight and direction to the youth staff, adult volunteers and youth.
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor (With dotted report to Lead Pastor)
• Full-time salaried
• Availability for Sunday hours, mid-week evening, and holiday hours based on ministry demand
• Staff Prayer and Meeting – Currently held every Tuesdays of from 9::30 - 11:30 pm.
• Big Rock Meeting (four times a year) and Big Idea (eight times a year)
• Weekly Youth Ministry Team Meeting
• Biweekly Meeting with Executive Pastor
• As a staff member, you commit to pursue full personal devotion to Jesus Christ by loving Jesus, eliminating ego, living in grace and truth, unconditionally trusting God, and selflessly extending compassion. You are committed to active involvement in ministry at Spring Valley Church and exhibit a passion to advance the vision, values, and strategy of Spring Valley Church by personally attending and inviting others to weekend services, pursuing community with fellow believers, influencing seekers, and contributing through giving and serving.
• Character – you have honored God’s Word by living with integrity in your words, relationships, and actions. You are likeable, have a positive attitude, and receptive to feedback.
• Strong Personal Initiative – you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic. You are able to think systematically and execute defined vision repeatedly and with excellence. You are passionate about replicating the experience of Spring Valley Church and bringing the light of Christ to another community.
• Effective Team Builder – you identify, value, and develop volunteers and teams, understanding that effective team building is essential to health and growth.
• Recognized Leader – you are experienced at leading and empowering a diverse group of people, and have helped lead healthy, growing ministries.
• Relatable Communicator – you are a gifted storyteller. You can motivate and inspire people to action in a group setting and in one-on-one interactions.
• Strategic Thinker – you possess an entrepreneurial spark and can envision the steps that it takes to get from points A to B. Problem solving comes naturally to you – you are able to anticipate needs and are attentive to results.
• Spirit Filled – You are believe in, and will teach all the spiritual gifts listed in several New Testament Passages.
* Spring Valley Church’s heritage is Pentecostal. We believe in, and teach, all the Spirit-given gifts as described in several passages in the New Testament.
• Provide pastoral care for youth and/or parent(s) of youth in the form of hospital visitation, prayer, counseling, funerals, and weddings.
• Coordinate camps, local and overseas mission experiences for students.
• Provide direction and leadership to student ministries by: planning weekend and midweek services, developing sermon series (or use adopted curriculum – Orange), and planning events, retreats, and trips.
• Provide team building and leadership training for volunteers serving in ministry or as small group leaders.
• Provide leadership and vision for the Fine Arts Programs (drama, dance team, etc) which develops students in their ministry ability (can enlist the support of Music Pastor).
• Provide leadership and direction for youth band (can enlist the support of Music Pastor).
• Provide leadership and vision for team members/volunteers in G1 Middle and High Schools.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
• You will provide and discuss growth benchmarks in the following areas:
o Sunday Attendance
o Mid-week Attendance
o Small Group Participation
o Water Baptisms
o Spirit Baptisms
o Student volunteering
o G1 Middle and High Schools Staff/volunteer Development
• Volunteer Retention
• 120-Day Goals
• Performance Evaluations
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
2. Must embrace Christian discipline and Pentecostal doctrine and theology.
3. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement, experience in middle and/or high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life consistent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
4. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, grow and implement a youth ministry.
5. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
6. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth and teams of volunteers from diverse ethnic and poli-socioeconomic backgrounds.
7. One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for G1 youth ministry.
8. One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
9. An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background.
**The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this job. It is not to be construed
as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and three professional recommendations to:
Subject: Youth Pastor