Ascent Church is seeking a part-time Worship and / or Youth pastor - descriptions for both are included and may be filled by a single person (preferred). Applicants should understand that this is a PART-TIME position, with the possibility for FULL-TIME in the very near future. Ascent Church is a 2 year old church plant that has experienced healthy growth and expects to continue to expand staff as we go.
• Maintain a high-level of integrity, honesty and character as a representative first and foremost of Jesus Christ, but secondly of Ascent Church, it’s ministries, and it’s leadership – attitude, actions and behaviors, whether on Ascent Church property or not, should reflect our devotion to and high calling in Jesus Christ
• Have and maintain a growing relationship with God, evidenced by daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, active involvement in the church, healthy time with family, and a commitment to maintain healthy accountability relationships
• Support and attend all church-level activities unless previously excused – a key, albeit general, expectation for the Worship / Youth Pastor is to be an integral part of the church community. In addition to church level activities, Worship / Youth Pastor should also be involved in a small group, preferably leading, but at least attending.
• Live in the Stuart or immediately surrounding area
• Maintain a high-level of integrity and submit to Ascent Church Lead Pastor leadership
• Maintain an attitude of humility and a willingness to grow, receive direction and correction, as well as an ongoing desire and effort to continuously improve the ministries
• Attend weekly staff meetings and be an active contributor and leader in those meetings
Specific Expectations and Responsibilities
o Develop and execute an annual strategic plan for the worship ministry – review with Lead Pastor for approval
o Recruit and develop a worship team (vocal and instrumental) for our Sunday services
o Lead and coordinate rehearsal(s) / sound check(s)
o Lead Sunday morning Worship; empower others to lead, as appropriate, but with the understanding that the Worship / Youth Pastor is leading the majority of the time
o Encourage excellence in ministry and musicianship among the worship team, as well as foster and encourage an environment and culture of continuous improvement – this means at a minimum to set the tone in terms of excellence and improvement
o Develop and maintain strong relationships with the members of the team – this includes helping them to grow, keeping them plugged in, addressing any issues or concerns they have, and ensuring that this team is strong, cohesive, dedicated and growing
o Ensure worship center is prepared for Sunday morning service, including powering up all related sound, lighting and media equipment, loading any Pro/P files, as well as all other basic requirements for being ready for Sunday morning service. The goal is to remove the Lead Pastor from Sunday morning prep of worship center entirely.
o Checking, adjusting, maintaining, repairing and / or replacing all worship related equipment (sound, lights, other stage equipment, etc.). Any issues should be brought to the attention of the Lead Pastor as soon as reasonably possible, along with recommendations for path forward – upon approval, Worship / Youth Pastor is responsible for implementing any and all improvements, repairs, etc.
o Coordinate the various elements and personnel involved in each worship service, including vocals, instruments, media, sound and lighting
o Develop weekly service orders no later than Wednesday at 5:00pm (To be discussed) – includes song selection, service order, loading lyrics, as well as any other relevant files, videos, chord charts, etc. If any customization of lyrics or chords, etc. is required, these should be completed and loaded by this time as well.
o Develop and execute an annual strategic plan for the Youth Ministry – review with Lead Pastor for approval. Notionally and minimally, this will include a weekly evening Youth service, to include live worship, social / fun activities and a Biblical sermon / message. The Youth Ministry is to be well-planned and executed with excellence – the planning for the foundations for this ministry will be put together as a team, including inviting some parents or other outside consultants to help establish a strong ministry.
o Recruit and lead a team to support Youth Ministry
o Lead and coordinate rehearsal / band / other activities / message, and all elements of the Youth Service.
o Develop and maintain strong relationships with leaders and the youth in our church – this includes helping them to grow, keeping them plugged in, discipling them, helping them grow in relationship with one another, and spending time with them.
o Encourage Sunday attendance among the youth and possibly encourage them to sit together and establish true friendships and community
o Lead, coordinate, and attend a TBD annual out-of-town summer camp with the youth
o Lead, coordinate other youth activities throughout the year, including, as necessary, fundraisers for summer camp
o In addition to the above, the Worship / Youth Pastor may also be called upon to teach the adult Wednesday night Bible class either on occasion, or perhaps on an ongoing basis at the discretion of the Lead Pastor..
o The Worship / Youth Pastor may also be called upon to provide leadership and significant support in the execution of the Buy-a-tree-Change-a-life ministry. This includes for a short period of time, serving extra hours to fill gaps in the schedule and to ensure coverage.
To apply or learn more, email email@example.com.