The Link Church
Position Objective: To provide leadership to the worship ministries of The Link Church.
The Link church is currently looking for a leader in the area of worship ministries. We are a 6 year old Church Of God church plant in Vancouver Washington.
The Link Church exists to help connect people to God so that they might experience a life of purpose and fulfillment that God always intended for them. It is our goal that our congregation come to know God, find freedom, discover their gifts, and make a difference in their world.
The worship leader we are looking for is one who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of our vision.
• Serve as staff elder, along with the Lead Pastor and other members of the ministry staff. This team oversees the day to day ministry and operations of the church.
• Make every effort to bring the vision of The Link Church to life.
• Build, direct, coordinate and develop the worship team of The Link Church.
• Participate in all staff meetings.
• Oversee the worship ministry at The Link Church services and all special events. Ensure the band and background singers are equipped and prepared.
• Lead worship and play individual songs as needed on Sunday mornings.
• Hold regular worship practices apart from Sunday mornings to further develop the worship team.
• Post chord charts, MP3s and other necessary elements for the worship team each week.
• Develop innovative methods to take The Link Church worship to the next level.
• Complete The Link Church Growth Track process.
• Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, children third and the ministry fourth.
• Passionately pursue a vital daily relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Avoid the appearance of evil, let no hint of immorality exist and conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations.
• Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of The Link Church and always protect the unity God has given this church.
• Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry.
• A leader as well as a musician.
• Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
• Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
• Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, computers, Planning Center.
• A self-starter
• A team player with a positive attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and a video of you leading worship to:
Pastor Jim Gilliam