Lighthouse Full Gospel Church of God is a rapidly growing multi-cultural church located in Stroudsburg Borough, nestled in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania. We are only 70 miles west of New York City and less than 100 miles north of Philadelphia! We are looking for an individual to be our worship ministry leader.
The worship leader/pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship leader/pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship leader/pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a music minister but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
1. Must be able to play the keyboard and/or guitar
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading our church in worship.
4. Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, and video projection.
7. A self-starter
8. A team player with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. To be the pastor of everyone involved in the music ministry and take spiritual oversight for them.
2. To lead worship service.
3. To lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
4. To work closely with the pastor to insure the worship supports the overall mission of the church.
5. To be in love with the mission of the church.
6. To develop the core teams that are necessary for effective worship
7. Oversee/maintain all media and keep website up to date
This position is a volunteer position. As soon as the finances permit, this position will grow into a paid position. Must be more than willing to financially support themselves and their family with jobs outside the church. If interested, please email us your resume with references at email@example.com Check our website too: www.lighthousefgcog.org