Action Church is seeking a Discipleship Pastor who will lead, assist, and oversee with all key discipleship initiatives of the church including Action Groups [small group ministry here at Action Church], a New Believers class, discipleship classes, and teaching in adult services to help everyone at Action Church grow and mature in their faith. This opportunity is a volunteer opportuinity at this time.
- Oversee all current Action Groups by resourcing Action Group leaders, tracking attendance, and helping new groups get launched.
- Recruiting, training, and empowering Action Group leaders so that they are personally growing and reproducing future leaders.
- Oversee and train someone to teach a New Believers class that takes new Believers and those who are saved at Action Church on a journey to having a more solid faith in what they believe.
- Oversee and raise up teachers so that more classes can be taught by other capable teachers.
-Teaching & assisting the Lead Pastor with the adult Wednesday Night Discipleship Teaching class.
- An authentic relationship with Jesus Christ for 7 years or more.
- A continual pursuit of integrity and a commitment to living above reproach.
- Will be Baptized in the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- Regular observance of spiritual growth disciplines (Bible reading, prayer, etc.).
- Will be a team player and self-motivated.
- A contagious love for others, and a desire to see the lost saved and for Christians to learn.
- A call to ministry.
- (Added Bonus) The right candidate will hold credentials, will be in the process of, or wish to pursue credentials in the Church of God.
Neither of these lists are exhaustive but paint a good picture of the qualifications and responsibilities of this volunteer opportunity. For more info on this opportunity or to apply for this opportunity please email our Pastor at Pastor@Action.Church or call 423-567-4547. You can also apply for this opportunity on Facebook! This opportunity is open until filled.