About Fort Mill Church of God:
Fort Mill Church of God (FMCOG) is an established multi-cultural, multi-generational spirit-filled
body in Fort Mill, South Carolina. FMCOG is in the Church of God (Cleveland TN) denomination
and embraces full gospel teaching including the present-day work of the Holy Spirit in all of His
expressions as outlined in the Scriptures.
The Communications and Media Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction
of all aspects of the Communications and Media Department. A successful candidate will work
as a team alongside pastors, church staff, ministry leaders and volunteers to fulfill the vision
and mission set forth by the Lead Pastor. In addition, they will have a Kingdom eye with an
outward focus; be a servant leader with strategic vision; and a manager with tactical diligence.
This is a full-time position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead audio and video productions including live services, live streaming, recording, on demand
playback and archives for all departments to include scheduling of team
• Ensure professional, high-quality and timely video recordings, publication and archival
of all services and events.
• Create video announcements, message introductions, special event, and testimony
• Lead the church communications regarding print, social and online communications.
• Collaborate in the planning and execution of special services and events.
• Serve as the webmaster and social media lead.
• Recruit, train and mentor department volunteers.
• Develop the department’s strategic plans and capital expenditure budgets.
• Ensure consistent branding and appropriate messaging across all communication
• Lead the design of all promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high
standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate and negotiate with vendors for installation and maintenance of all media
equipment, including lighting, network, etc.
• Serve as on-call media technical lead for all church events.
• Create and distribute weekly church-wide communications (print and online).
• Oversee the appropriate, consistent and legal use of logos, artwork and images.
• Ensure all media equipment is maintained.
• Ensure media vendors are collaborating with the staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including appropriate use of social
• Experience with Propresenter, MediaShout, WordPress (or similar).
• Experience with video mixing and production.
• Working knowledge of all required gear/equipment for live video production
(comfortable with Telecom systems).
• Knowledge and experience with lighting consoles.
• Familiarity with MAC and PC OS, MS Office, Adobe Suite (Premier, After Effects),
• Understanding of internal media networks.
• Ability to operate and train on camera equipment in live and post-production.
General Requirements and Attributes:
• Passion, honesty, follow through, commitment, integrity and loyalty are integral.
• We are looking for a constantly growing leader, teacher and mentor who will empower
other growing leaders.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment that is constantly adapting.
• A heart after Jesus; a heart that serves with competence, joy and passion, while
personally growing in Jesus as a disciple.
• Agreement with FMCOG’s statement of faith, vision and mission.
• Have a personal character and lifestyle that is in accordance with 1 Timothy 3.
• A loving heart and a servant spirit looking to maintain unity with other leaders.
• A self-starting team player and team builder who is humble, reliable, flexible, teachable
• Available during non-business hours for emergency work
• All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• A degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Audio/ Visual field and/or 1-3 years of
production and management experience is preferred.
• The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective judgment, and
above reproach character.
You may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com