Job Overview: Part- Time Children’s Minister
Capital City Church of God is a multicultural and multigenerational congregation located in Raleigh, NC. We are seeking a candidate for Children’s Pastor that would be responsible for Children up to the age of 12. Preference will be given to a married couple that feels called by God into the area of Children’s Ministries. This is a part-time paid position.
• Must have a heart, love, and call from God to work with Children.
• Profess faith in Jesus Christ and maintain an effective process of soul care, self-development, and spiritual discipline.
• Agree with and live by the Church of God Declaration of Faith, Doctrinal Commitments, Mission and Vision, and Practical Commitments.
• Agree with Capital City Church of God Mission and Vision.
• Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes, and attending conferences and seminars.
• To personally pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and to set a Christlike example in words and actions for the children and adults.
• Ability to pass church approved background check.
• To oversee the Children’s Ministry at Capital City Church of God. To lead Kids Church every other Sunday, lead MPACT Girls and Royal Rangers on Wednesday Nights. To direct Vacation Bible School and a Kids Christmas Program.
• Evangelism - Share the love of Jesus with the children of our church and community.
• Growth - a goal to see every child actively growing in their faith.
• To oversee the Children’s Ministry Team, volunteers and interns. To enlist, train, resource and encourage adult leadership to lead Sunday morning, MPACT girls and Royal Rangers, serve as camp and retreat counselors, and partner with parents.
• To encourage and motivate the children in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ. We are a multi-generational church that wants to impact our world!
• To help parents be involved in the spiritual formation of their child’s life.
• To make decisions on the most effective programs to impact our children.
• To annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
• Coordinate and maintain children’s ministry spaces (classrooms, welcome areas, storage spaces).
• Participate in staff meetings, providing up-to-date information about ministry.
• Keep the Senior Pastor thoroughly informed of staff accomplishments, concerns, and future plans.
• Maintain excellent relationships and open communication with all staff, volunteers and parents.
• Gifted in leadership.
• Gifted in teaching.
• Effective recruiter and team player.
• Solid organizational skills.
Salary Range to be discussed.
To Apply: Please submit resume to
Pastor Adam Herring at firstname.lastname@example.org